- Call Dry Patrol at 877-DRY-3344 or your local franchise number anytime day or night.
- Find your insurance policy and call your representative. Tell them you have water damage.
- Write down the date and time that you called and who you spoke with.
- Try to find out where the water is coming from and, if it’s safe to do so, turn off the water at the supply valve. If you are unsure how to do this or if it appears unsafe, call a 24-hour plumbing service.
- Water will conduct electricity! It is extremely dangerous if wet materials or surfaces come in contact with electrical outlets, junction boxes, fuses or breaker boxes. If this is the case, do not touch anything that is wet and call an electrician immediately.
- Be sure to keep a detailed list of anything you have to discard due to water damage.
- Keep any receipts for expenses during this time. Many things that you must pay for to protect your property will be covered by your insurance policy.
Tips & Resources
I’ve Got Water Everywhere.